Friday 22 November 2013

Please take a message...

Just a very brief blog to share something which I thought was funny this week.

I was attending an appointment (non work related I should say) this week, and was able to hear a receptionist answering calls into the building.

I have to admit I was over hearing her side of the calls and was impressed with her helpful nature and professional tone, but I then heard her asking the caller to repeat themselves several times.  She obviously decided asking for a third repetition was too much, and I heard her sigh, call through to the person for whom the call was intended and announce the following (names changed!) -

"Hi John, it's Jane on reception, I am not sure what it is about, but I have James from the Office of National City Sticks for you....what are City Sticks?..(pause).....oh!....ok, I'll put him through now..."

It made me laugh while I waited...hope it makes you smile as well, have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment