Monday 21 October 2013

Tough mudder...ring any bells?

I am sat at my desk, and my email just pinged with a confirmation that my wife (thanks Kate) has processed our entry for Tough Mudder 2014 (for those that don't know..http://toughmudder.co.uk/events/london-west-2014/)

While this fills me with dread and excitement in equal measure, having dragged myself around this year's Tough Mudder, I didn't expect to have to do it again!!  It did get me thinking...a distance run, obstacles, brick walls, doubt about whether we'll make it, elation when we do - ring any bells?

It's very similar to this life in recruitment we have chosen, somehow it seems that every possible obstacle is put in our way, and yet we still keep going, and when we cross the finish line, what a feeling.

I know it's going to hurt running that 12 mile course, and I know at times I'll need every one of my team mates to help me along the way, and sometimes the odd stranger, but I know that if I keep going, I'll love the feeling of looking back and saying...'did it'.

Sometimes the things worth achieving are the toughest things to accomplish.  Everyone should do as many things as they can that they enjoy having done, rather than only the things they enjoy doing, that's achievement for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment