Wednesday 4 January 2017

New Year – New Resolution or New You?

New Year – New Resolution or New You?

Happy New Year everyone, hopefully everyone is feeling relaxed and energised for 2017.
2017, can you believe it, just a blink of an eye since we were all nervously awaiting the Millennium Bug and all worldwide IT systems crashing!

So, what are the goals for 2017?  New job?  New weight?  New car?  Less debt?  More money? More time at home?  All these goals have one thing in common – you!

Whatever you are looking to change or achieve over the coming 12 months, the only person that is going to achieve them is you, and whether the goal has changed from last year, or is the same one that you have been aiming for over the last however many years, unless you do something different, you will end up here next year making the same promises.

We all mean to stick to them, I know I do - every year I am going to lose the same weight as I was going to last year, eat the same healthy food as I was going to last year, make more use of the same hours in each day as I was going to last year, and the only reason I fail is because of the decisions I make as the year progresses.

The goals don’t change, they don’t get any easier over time, but they don’t really get any harder either, so why do we fail?  Is it because they are impossible, or is it because we don’t change?

Maybe if the goals aren’t changing, I need to?  Maybe I need to reframe my definition of success?  Perhaps aim for the same goal, but rather than judging myself in February, I should judge myself in June, and then again in September and lastly in December?

For the first three months I am going to practice and discover what works for me in achieving those aims.   

With some determination, by giving myself a break if I fall backwards at any point, but focusing on the changes not to?? targets…I am hoping I will get there.

It might not work, I will let you know in 2018!!


Have a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment